RA Applications for the 2019–20 Academic Year
Submit your application between Monday, October 1 and Sunday, October 21.
Are you ready to be part of a team that works to positively impact KSU’s residential student experience? Resident Assistants (RAs) develop leadership skills while creating a safe, fun and vibrant community for their residents. The RA role will enable you to learn valuable skills that employers are looking for, including problem solving, adaptability, teamwork and interpersonal communication.
An RA’s primary responsibilities are to get to know their residents one-on-one and create an intentional experience so residents can learn more about their identity, gain skills in independence, learn how to build relationships and community, and how to be inclusive of others. RAs make a difference in the lives of their residents to help them be successful both here at Kennesaw State University and beyond.
- Attend an information session (dates and times listed below).
- Enrollment: RAs must be enrolled as a full-time KSU student registered for no less than 12 (undergraduate) or 9 (graduate) hours for fall and spring semesters. Candidates must have completed at least one semester of enrollment at KSU by start date.
- GPA: RAs must maintain a 2.5 KSU cumulative and term GPA at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Student Conduct: RAs must be in good conduct standing at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Criminal Background Screen: Applicants must have completed a successful criminal background screen conducted by KSU's Human Resources.
- RAs are required to sign a housing contract to live in on-campus housing.
All information sessions will take place between 7:30 and 8:30 PM on the date and location specified below:
Tuesday, October 16BothWebinar (see Webinar Information)
Wednesday, October 17Kennesaw3019 Social Sciences Building
Wednesday, October 17Marietta106 Engineering Technology Center
Thursday, October 18Kennesaw3019 Social Sciences Building
Thursday, October 18Marietta106 Engineering Technology Center
Tuesday, October 16 at 7:30 PM
When you join the webinar, please enter your first name, last name and student email address. This is how attendance will be taken for the webinar. If you are having audio issues, please let us know and we will provide information on calling into the meeting with a phone. You will need to use a computer to attend the webinar by clicking on the link below:
- Meeting Number (Access Code): 732 469 007
RAs are student leaders who live and work as peer educators and are resources for their community. The 2019–20 job description is currently under review, but to give you an idea about what is involved, we have provided the Position Description and RA Agreement from 2018–19.
The RA Commitment Calendar will be posted in October for review.
The answers for many of your questions about the RA position can be found on this website or are during the information session. If you have any additional questions, please email RASelection@kennesaw.edu.Apply to Be an RA Today!