2020-21 Housing Application
The Housing Application for First-Year students opened on December 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM. If you wish to apply to live on-campus, click here to begin your application. Please note that you must be accepted into the university before you are able to apply to live on campus.Housing Application Checklist Housing Application Guide - Step 1
- Once you have completed the first step of the Housing Application, you will be able to move on to the next steps, Roommate and Room Selection.
- On March 16, 2020, students will receive a specific time ticket for Roommate Selection via their student email and will have until April 10 to select a roommate.
- On April 13, 2020, students will receive an email with a time ticket for Room Selection.
Housing Application Fees
Type of StudentNon-Refundable Application Initiation FeeRoom Booking FeeTotal Due
First-Time, Full-Time Student$200 due at the completion of the Housing Application$175 due to confirm room selection once the student has selected a room$375
Love where you live. Live KSU.
Explore our 2020-21 housing options for first-year students.
A Living-Learning Community (LLC) is a community of students who live together on campus with similar academic, or lifestyle interests.
Marietta Live-On Requirement
Living on campus in your first year improves your likelihood for success in college and beyond. Living on campus makes it easier to meet people, helps you transition from high school to college, and can help you achieve academic success and graduate on time.
Housing and Residence Life at Kennesaw State University is committed to supporting first-year students in their academic pursuits. The Marietta Campus has a first-year live-on requirement for students pursuing majors based on the Marietta campus. Kennesaw State University believes it is in the best interest of these students to live in close proximity to their peers and primary course instruction for the first year of college. For specific information on majors based in Marietta, please visit the enrollment services page.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I apply for on-campus housing?
Students are encouraged to apply for housing as soon as possible to increase the likelihood that they will receive housing. Students must be admitted to Kennesaw State University before they can apply for housing.
The 2020-21 Housing Application opens on Monday, December 2, 2019, at 10:00 AM.
Please contact the Talon One Service Center at 470-578-8663 (T-ONE) or email@example.com for specific information.
When are housing applications due?All students must apply and be admitted to Kennesaw State University before they can register for on-campus housing. The housing application for first-year students opens on December 2, 2019 at 10:00 AM.
Who does the Marietta live-on requirement apply to?
The Marietta live-on requirement applies to traditional, full-time, or first-year students who are enrolling in a major that is based on the Marietta campus. They are typically under the age of 21, recently graduated from high school and are registered to take a full load of classes (12 credit hours or more).
This live-on requirement is in effect until Housing and Residence Life no longer has space to accommodate incoming first-year students on the Marietta campus. There is limited housing availability, so you are encouraged to apply early. The live-on requirement does not guarantee first-year students housing.
Individuals may fill out the Exemption Request Form along with valid supporting documentation if they meet any of the following requirements before the first day of classes:
- Student is residing in the home of a parent or legal guardian. Student is required to provide parent or legal guardian endorsement and address
- Student is already or will be 21 by the first day of the academic year (For Fall 2020, this is August 17, 2020)
- Student is married and/or has dependent children. Students must provide proof of marriage and/or dependent children via marriage and/or birth certificates
- Student is actively serving in the Armed Forces
- Student is transferring from another accredited institution with 30 or more credit
hours (no exemption request form is needed)
- AP and/or dual enrollment credits accumulated in high school are considered on a case-by-case basis
How do I submit an exemption request?Students who wish to request an for exemption for the 2020-21 Academic Year and Summer 2021 semesters, please fill out the Exemption Request Form.
Can I submit an exemption request outside of the requirements listed above?
Requests for exemption to the first year live-on requirement based on compelling individual circumstances outside of the exemptions listed above will be considered on a case-by-case basis.