2020-21 Housing Updates
Changes to Howell Hall for 2020-21
- In an effort to better support the new Kennesaw State University students who need
on-campus housing, we will allocate a number of spaces in University Courtyard and
Hornet Village 100 to first-year students.
- Certain students in these particular communities will not be eligible to renew their same space for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 academic year. However, they are eligible to reserve any other available room.
- Howell Hall will be taken offline to undergo a significant upgrade. This means we
will be losing almost 300 beds for first-year students.
- This change does not affect students currently living in Howell Hall. They will continue to have their room assignments until the end of their lease in May and will be able to apply to live in upper class housing when the application opens on January 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
- There are a limited number of upper class student beds available on the Marietta Campus and students impacted by this change will have first priority to select beds as soon as they become available.
Students that did not receive an email from Housing and Residence Life are not affected by this change. All upper class students will be able to renew or apply for housing on January 3, 2020 at 2:00 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I know if there is an on-campus housing space available for me to select from?Our same-bed renewal process will run through the end of January 2020. Once that process is complete, we will know exactly which beds will be available. These beds will not be available for selection until April of 2020, but we will be happy to provide you with as much information as we can so you can make an informed decision.
What do I need to do to be eligible for on-campus housing for2020-21?Due to the limited number of spaces available, we advise you to complete your housing application as soon as it opens on Friday, January 3. We will issue timeslots for you to select from the available rooms based on the date/time you complete your application. You will not pay any application fees unless you are able to secure a room for 2020-21.
Will my roommates and I be able to move together to a new apartment/unit for 2020-21?It is highly unlikely we will be able to accommodate roommate pairings for 2020-21. However, we will do everything we can to place roommates with or near one another, if possible.
What communities will not be able to renew for 2020-21?Specific units in Hornet Village 100 and University Courtyard 1000, 2000 and 3000 and University Columns Houses. This change only applies to students who received communication from Housing and Residence Life.