Fall 2021 Move-In Dates
Kennesaw Campus: August 12 – 14, 2021
Marietta Campus: August 13 and 14, 2021
We are very excited you have chosen to live on campus for Fall 2021! Students can see their designated Move-In arrival time ticket in the Housing Portal. When your time ticket opens, you can select a Move-In arrival day and time.
Early Move-In Information
Students participating in "The Marching Owls," Panhellenic Primary Recruitment or Freshman First Flight, move in early. Visit the following early Move-In web pages for more information.
To make your Move-In process as smooth as possible, please familiarize yourself with the "Move-In Pre-Arrival Checklist" below. Each item on this list must be completed by your Move-In Day.
- Obtain your Talon Card. Please follow the instructions for taking and uploading a photo online. Once your photo is approved, you will receive an email to your KSU account with instructions for picking up your card. You must complete this by July 31, 2021.
- Create your SALTO lock PIN. This PIN is necessary to enter your room. Please see this document for information on how to set up and change your PIN. We recommend students set up their PIN after they register for classes.
- Complete the immunization requirements for Kennesaw State University. All students must also submit a meningitis statement form. Find more information on the immunizations website.
- Pay your Fall 2021 semester tuition and fees by the payment deadline at 4:00 PM on August 30, 2021, which includes on-campus living fees for the semester. Visit the Bursar's website for more information.
- If you're bringing a car to campus, purchase a Residential Parking Permit using the Parking Portal 24-hours after registering for classes.
- Review our packing list of items you will need to bring and what to leave at home.
- Optional: Enroll in Renter's Insurance.
Move-In Day Process
Rescheduling Move-In Arrival Times
To reschedule your Move-In arrival time, follow these instructions.
- Log in to the Housing Portal.
- Select the "Schedule My Arrival" tab in the gold menu bar.
- Click the blue "Continue" button.
- Select the "Cancel" button next to your original Move-In arrival time. You will receive an email confirming this cancellation.
- You may now select a new arrival time.
- Arrive at your check-in location during your selected Move-In arrival time. Use the maps to find the correct place.
- If you are traveling in a separate vehicle from your parent/guest, follow the "student"route to your check-in location. Your parent/guest should drive directly to your community's unloading zone by following the "parent/guest" route.
- If you are traveling in one vehicle, follow the "student" route to your check-in location before going to your community's unloading zone.
- Be sure to have a physical, valid (not expired), government-issued photo ID or Talon Card ready to present during check-in.
- Be sure to have a screenshot or printed copy of your Move-In arrival QR code ready to present when you check in. You can find this in the Housing Portal.
Unloading and Moving In
- Once you are checked in, follow the signs from your check-in location to your community's unloading zone.
- Here, you should unload your vehicle(s) as quickly as possible.
- Moving bins are provided, but we encourage you to bring wagons and dollies to make moving easier. Kindly limit your bin use to one hour.
- Please move your vehicle as soon as you finish unloading to make room for other residents who are arriving.
- If you need assistance, find a volunteer in a gold "Nest Builder" T-shirt.
- If you have questions throughout the day, stop by one of the Hoot Booths.
In Your Room
- Once you arrive at your unit, enter your 6-digit SALTO PIN and then present your Talon Card to your lock and open the door to enter your room.
- In your bedroom, you will find a Welcome Folder with helpful information.
- You will also find a magnet in your unit with emergency contact information.
- Remember to look over our packing list, so you don't forget anything. If you do forget something, don't worry! Visit The Market locations on each campus for any last-minute essentials.