Following the Board of Regents announcement about remote learning for all USG institutions through the end of the spring semester, all residence halls at KSU will be closed with very few exceptions allowed. In an effort to minimize exposure and maintain the safety and well-being of our students, Housing and Residence Life will facilitate a drive-through checkout process.
Move-Out Dates and Times
Your move-out date and time are in the email you received on Tuesday, March 17 from Housing and Residence Life. This schedule is necessary to adhere to current federal guidelines to limit crowd sizes to help combat the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If your assigned move-out time does not work with your schedule, please email the Talon One Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accommodate requests in the order in which we receive them. We will respond via your student email with a new checkout time and instructions for completing this process.
Update Your Talon Card
Until further notice, your Talon Card access will expire at midnight daily rather than every seven days. Effective immediately, you need to update your Talon Card at a HotSpot and then do so after 12:01 AM every day until you move out to keep your door access current. To view a list of HotSpot locations, visit dooraccess.kennesaw.edu.
In addition to the following, we will be adhering to the CDC's social distancing guidelines during move-out. We ask that you have no more than two additional people assist you with move-out. To ensure a smooth and efficient checkout, please follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Remove your personal belongings from your room
- Rolling bins will be available for check out to assist you in moving your personal
- Kennesaw Campus
- KSU Place, University Village and University Village Suites: Campus Tours space in 6000 building
- Austin Residence Complex: Multipurpose Room in ARC II Building 1200
- Marietta Campus
- Hornet Village and University Columns: HV 100 Lobby
- Howell Hall, University Courtyard and University Commons: Next to R10 Housing Office
- Kennesaw Campus
- Make sure you clean out your fridge and freezer and throw away unwanted food
- Drop your trash in your nearest dumpster/compactor before you leave
- Rolling bins will be available for check out to assist you in moving your personal belongings
- Step 2: Drive to your assigned checkout location during your designated time
- If you arrive before or after your designated time, you will receive improper check-out fees
- Return your bedroom key to the staff member at check out to avoid a lost key charge
- Failure to adhere to the checkout instructions can and will result in additional cleaning charges
Please remember to protect your personal property. Avoid leaving personal posessions unattended or in the hallways while you are in transit. Also, remove any bikes from the outside bike racks before you go.
- University Village: North Parking Deck
- University Village Suites: North Parking Deck
- KSU Place: In front of your building
- Austin Residence Complex: Near your building
- University Commons: Near your building
- University Columns: Near your building
- University Courtyard: Near your building
- Hornet Village: Near your building
- Howell Hall: Parking lot behind the building (P10)
Students checking out from the Kennesaw Campus should drive to the Central Deck during your checkout time.Kennesaw Campus Map
Students checking out from the Marietta Campus should drive to the P60 Parking Deck during your checkout time. Please access the deck from the south entrance of the P28 parking lot.Marietta Campus Map