RA Applications for the 2019–20 Academic Year
📢 RA Applications for the 2019–20 academic year are closed.
Are you ready to be part of a team that works to positively impact KSU’s residential student experience? Resident Assistants (RAs) develop leadership skills while creating a safe, fun and vibrant community for their residents. The RA role will enable you to learn valuable skills that employers are looking for, including problem solving, adaptability, teamwork and interpersonal communication.
An RA’s primary responsibilities are to get to know their residents one-on-one and create an intentional experience so residents can learn more about their identity, gain skills in independence, learn how to build relationships and community, and how to be inclusive of others. RAs make a difference in the lives of their residents to help them be successful both here at Kennesaw State University and beyond.
- Attend an information session (dates and times listed below).
- Enrollment: RAs must be enrolled as a full-time KSU student registered for no less than 12 (undergraduate) or 9 (graduate) hours for fall and spring semesters. Candidates must have completed at least one semester of enrollment at KSU by start date.
- GPA: RAs must maintain a 2.5 KSU cumulative and term GPA at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Student Conduct: RAs must be in good conduct standing at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Criminal Background Screen: Applicants must have completed a successful criminal background screen conducted by KSU's Human Resources.
- RAs are required to sign a housing contract to live in on-campus housing.
RAs are student leaders who live and work as peer educators and are resources for their community. The 2019–20 job description is currently under review, but to give you an idea about what is involved, we have provided the Position Description and RA Agreement from 2018–19.
The RA Commitment Calendar will be posted in October for review.
The answers for many of your questions about the RA position can be found on this website or are during the information session. If you have any additional questions, please email RASelection@kennesaw.edu.