RA Applications for the 2020–21 Academic Year
📢 RA Applications for the 2020–21 academic year are open.
Are you ready to be part of a team that works to positively impact KSU’s residential student experience? Resident Assistants (RAs) develop leadership skills while creating a safe, fun and vibrant community for their residents. The RA role will enable you to learn valuable skills that employers are looking for, including problem solving, adaptability, teamwork and interpersonal communication.
An RA’s primary responsibilities are to get to know their residents one-on-one and create an intentional experience so residents can learn more about their identity, gain skills in independence, learn how to build relationships and community, and how to be inclusive of others. RAs make a difference in the lives of their residents to help them be successful both here at Kennesaw State University and beyond.
- Attend an information session (dates and times listed below).
- Enrollment: RAs must be enrolled as a full-time KSU student registered for no less than 12 (undergraduate) or 9 (graduate) hours for fall and spring semesters. Candidates must have completed at least one semester of enrollment at KSU by start date.
- GPA: RAs must maintain a 2.5 KSU cumulative and term GPA at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Student Conduct: RAs must be in good conduct standing at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Criminal Background Screen: Applicants must have completed a successful criminal background screen conducted by KSU's Human Resources.
- RAs are required to sign a housing contract to live in on-campus housing.
Resident Assistants are student leaders who live on your floor or in your building. They are there to help residents and to build community. They offer social and academic programs, serve as a resource, and help to maintain reasonable standards of community citizenship.
Kennesaw Information Sessions
If you were unable to attend an information session, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, October 87:00 PMSocial Sciences 3030
Wednesday, October 97:00 PMSocial Sciences 3030
Thursday, October 107:00 PMSocial Sciences 3029
Monday, October 147:00 PMSocial Sciences 3030
Tuesday, October 157:00 PMSocial Sciences 3030
Wednesday, October 167:00 PMSocial Sciences 3030
Marietta Information Sessions
Wednesday, October 97:00 PMArchitecture Building (N) 175
Monday, October 147:00 PMArchitecture Building (N) 175
Tuesday, October 157:00 PMArchitecture Building (N) 175
If you wish to apply, visit kennesaw.joinhandshake.com between October 1 and October 28, 2019 to create a Handshake account. Applicants can then locate the RA application by searching "Resident Assistant."
Candidates must be available for interviews between Thursday, November 14 and Saturday, November 16, and have attended one of the information sessions listed above to be considered for an RA position.
The answers for many of your questions about the RA position can be found on this website or during the information session. If you have any additional questions, please email RASelection@kennesaw.edu.