Are you ready to be part of a team that works to positively impact KSU’s residential student experience? Resident Assistants (RAs) develop leadership skills while creating a safe, fun and vibrant community for their residents. The RA role will enable you to learn valuable skills that employers are looking for including problem solving, adaptability, teamwork, interpersonal communication and so much more.
An RA’s primary responsibilities are to get to know their residents on a one-on-one basis and create an intentional experience so residents can learn more about their identity, gain skills in independence, learn how to build relationships and community, and how to be inclusive of others. RAs make a difference in the lives of their residents to help them be successful here at Kennesaw State University and beyond.
- Attend an information session (dates and times listed below).
- Enrollment: RAs must be enrolled as a full-time KSU student registered for no less than 12 (undergraduate) or 9 (graduate) hours for fall and spring semesters. Candidates must have completed at least one semester of enrollment at KSU by start date.
- GPA: RAs must maintain a 2.5 KSU cumulative and term GPA at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Student Conduct: RAs must be in good conduct standing at the time of appointment and throughout the term of employment.
- Criminal Background Screen: RAs will be subject to a criminal background screening conducted by KSU’s Human Resources, which they must complete successfully
- Resident Assistants are required to sign a housing contract and pay the housing activity fee to live in on-campus housing.
Resident Assistants are student leaders who live on a residents’ floor or building. They are there to help residents build community. They offer social and academic programs, serve as a resource, and help to maintain reasonable standards of community citizenship. They have the power to influence their residents’ residential experience here at KSU. Please review the 2022 – 2023 RA Agreement Form for a full look into what the Resident Assistant Position entails.
Students must attend an information session in order to be eligible to become an RA.
Monday, October 257:00 PMKennesaw Campus – Convocation Center 2007
Wednesday, November 37:00 PMMarietta Campus – Marietta Housing Office
Tuesday, November 97:00 PMMarietta Campus – Atrium Building 161
Friday, November 197:00 PMKennesaw Campus – Burrus Building 105
Thursday, December 27:00 PMMarietta Campus – Atrium Building 161
Monday, December 67:00 PMKennesaw Campus – Convocation Center 2007
2022-23 RA Application
If you wish to apply, please do so between November 1 and December 6.
Candidates must be available for group interviews between Tuesday, January 18, and Monday, January 24 as well as individual interviews happening between Tuesday, January 25 and Monday, February 7. You must have attended one of the information sessions listed above to be considered for an RA position.
How to Apply
- Log in to the eRezLife Portal using your KSU e-mail and password
- Under "Applications and Forms" on the left side of the page, look for the "Jobs" section
- Go to job postings, and select 2022-2023 Resident Assistant
- Complete the application and submit.
If chosen as a Resident Assistant, students must attend RA Orientation on Friday, April 15, 2022.
The answers for many of your questions about the RA position can be found on this website or during the information session. If you have any additional questions, please email RASelection@kennesaw.edu.