Starting in August 2019, all residential students will be able to access the new WiFi network, MyResNet. This highly anticipated network will allow students to use up to seven devices at one time without seeing a decrease in internet speeds. Our goal is to provide state-of-the-art amenities without increasing cost, and we were able to install new WiFi in all on-campus communities on both campuses without increasing the cost of living for any community for the 2019-20 academic year.
- Bringing a TV to campus? Purchase an Apple TV, Roku, or Amazon Fire Stick to make streaming digital content as easy as possible. We recommend using devices that come with a remote control included since the new WiFi network does not allow wireless devices to operate in sync.
- Leave ethernet cords and routers at home since you will not need them.
Leave coax cable cords at home since you will also not need them. Based on feedback received from residential students, cable was an amenity not regularly used since students choose to use their own streaming accounts (YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, etc.). As such, cable is no longer provided as an amenity.
Need Help? Apogee provides 24/7 internet connectivity support
Text: “ResNet” to 84700
For additional assistance, contact email@example.com
How to Get Connected to WiFi
Choose the network named "MyResNet" (for 5Ghz devices) OR "MyResNet Legacy" (for 2.4Ghz devices)
- Open any browser - You will be re-directed to the MyResNet home page.
- Select "Click here to continue."
- At the bottom of the page, copy and paste "MAC address" into a word document to save for later.
- Click "Create an account."
- Create an account with a password and email address you regularly check for password recovery purposes. Using your KSU netID and password is recommended.
- Select "Add devices."
- Select your device and input the saved mac address. You are required to do this for all your devices.
- Restart device to begin accessing WiFi.