Transfer Student Housing Application
Transfer Housing Availability
Floor plan/room availability is subject to change as students reserve and cancel rooms for 2019–20. The most up-to-date list of available floor plans/rooms is in the Housing Portal.
Please be aware that there are no current options for roommate groups of four. Please revise your roommate groups accordingly for room selection.
In order to live on campus at Kennesaw State University, you must be fully admitted to KSU before you are eligible to begin a Housing Application. You must be enrolled as a full-time student to remain in on-campus housing.
We are excited to open our application process for the 2019–20 academic year. Our application process is broken into three phases over the course of a few months:
- Phase One: Application, License Agreement, Fees. Opens Monday, January 14 at 10:00 AM EST.
- Phase Two: Roommate Selection. During this phase, you will search for and connect with roommates.
Opens Friday, April 5, at 10:00 AM EST.
- Step-by-Step Guide for Completing Phase Two
- Phase Two Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- You must have completed Phase 1 of the Housing Application and paid the fees to be able to begin Phase 2. You may select roommates from a pool of incoming students who have also completed Phase 1 of the Housing Application. Phase 2 is optional but highly recommended in order to increase chances of ideal roommate matching.
- Phase Three: Room Selection. During this phase you will search for and select your room for 2019–20. Begins on Monday, May 20 (Specific Time TBD).
If you apply for a Living-Learning Community (LLC) you will have a different timeline for Phases Two and Three. You will receive information about this if you are selected to join an LLC. See below for more information.
Living-Learning Communities (LLC)
The Living-Learning Community (LLC) application process is complete at this time. For more information about LLCs, please visit the LLC page. Specific questions about LLCs should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once applicants are selected, they will need to accept placement by Monday, April 1. If you do not accept placement, you will not be able to live in an LLC.
LLC Roommate Selection (Phase 2) is open Friday, April 5 – Friday, April 19.
LLC Room Selection (Phase 3) is open Monday, April 22 – Monday, May 6.
Starting Friday, April 5, all students who have completed Phase 1 will be eligible to search for potential roommates in the Housing Portal. You are able to search for incoming students you already know, or search for ideal roommates you do not yet know by looking at your matches on the Housing Portal.
We encourage you to reach out to potential roommates to find out what community they wish to live in before deciding on a roommate. After inviting a student to join your "Roommate Group," they have seven days to accept or decline the invitation.
For more tips on how to select your roommate(s) for 2019–20, check out our Step-by-Step Guide for Completing Phase 2.
Please remember all correspondence goes to your @students.kennesaw.edu email account, so be sure to check this daily. Questions about the application? Contact the Talon One Service Center at 470-578-8663 (T-ONE) or email@example.com.Transfer Student Housing Application