Upper Class Student Housing Application
Upper Class Housing Availability
Floor plan/room availability is subject to change as students reserve and cancel rooms for 2019–20. The most up-to-date list of available floor plans/rooms is in the Housing Portal.
Please be aware that there are no current options for roommate groups of four. Please revise your roommate groups accordingly for room selection.
The 2019–20 Housing Application for upper class students eligible to renew for their same bed will be open from Monday, January 14, at 10:00 AM EST, until Monday, January 28. If you choose not to renew your current room, you will not be eligible to select alternative on-campus housing until May 10, 2019. Your options at this time will be very limited, so we highly encourage you to renew for your current room if you wish to live on campus next year.
If you will be an upper class student for the 2019–20 year but you are not eligible to renew for your current room, you can still begin your housing application for 2019-20.
- Phase One: Application, License Agreement, Fees. Opens Monday, January 14 at 10:00 AM EST.
- Phase Two: Roommate Selection. During this phase, you will search for and connect with roommates.
Opens Friday, April 5, at 10:00 AM EST.
- Step-by-Step Guide for Completing Phase Two
- Phase Two Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- You must have completed Phase 1 of the Housing Application and paid the fees to be able to begin Phase 2. You may select roommates from a pool of incoming students who have also completed Phase 1 of the Housing Application. Phase 2 is optional but highly recommended in order to increase chances of ideal roommate matching.
- Phase Three: Room Selection. During this phase you will search for and select your room for 2019–20. Your specific time ticket will be emailed to you. Please check your @students.kennesaw.edu email address for updates.
The Housing Portal is used to apply for on-campus housing and search/request and accept roommates. Students will then complete their application, including choosing a room, signing a contract and paying application fees.
Please check your @students.kennesaw.edu email address for any updates from Housing and Residence Life.
If a student needs a housing accommodation, please follow the instructions listed on the Student Disability Services website.
The Living-Learning Community (LLC) application process is complete at this time. For more information about LLCs, please visit the LLC page. Specific questions about LLCs should be emailed to email@example.com.
Once applicants are selected, they will need to accept placement by Monday, April 1. If you do not accept placement, you will not be able to live in an LLC.
LLC Roommate Selection (Phase 2) is open Friday, April 5 – Friday, April 19.
LLC Room Selection (Phase 3) is open Monday, April 22 – Monday, May 6.
Starting Friday, April 5, all students who have completed Phase 1 will be eligible to search for potential roommates in the Housing Portal. You are able to search for incoming students you already know, or search for ideal roommates you do not yet know by looking at your matches on the Housing Portal.
We encourage you to reach out to potential roommates to find out what community they wish to live in before deciding on a roommate. After inviting a student to join your "Roommate Group," they have seven days to accept or decline the invitation.
For more tips on how to select your roommate(s) for 2019–20, check out our Step by Step Guide for Completing Phase 2.
For the application process, you will need:
- KSU NetID and Password
- KSU ID Number
- Credit/debit card or electronic check information for application fees
- *Guardian's name and email address if under 18 years old